Ikie

What's Not To Like?.....hmmmm

My biggest passion is reading. Romance, Mystery and Suspense. Doesn't matter if it's Contemporary, Historical, Sci Fi, or PRN/Fantasy. It can be intense or funny, dark or light, short or long. I am always looking for the Alpha male in a book as well as a heroine that has a backbone and a little common sense (that harder to find the you might think!!!).

I watch TV less then a couple of hours a week, the rest of the time I have my e-reader in hand and I'm a happy camper.

You would think that reading that much would mean that I'm not a picky reader and in some ways that's spot on, but on the flip side I find that the same bad habits by authors are repeated across their books and I have very little patience with authors (or anyone) not growing and learning as they progress in the chosen field.

This blog will be about good books I read as well as the.....well, not so good books. It will also point out what I feel (and yes, this is my own opinion and is subjective) are things that could have made the book more enjoyable.

After the Storm by Maya Banks

After the Storm - Maya Banks

I enjoyed this latest in the KGI series. Would not say it was the best book in the series but a visit to the KGI compound is always welcome. I read where others have noted that the instant love was a little weird and I have to agree. I often complain about the ending of a book being rushed but it was just the opposite in this case. Still a nice read and was able to catch-up a bit with the previous characters from the earlier books and had a peep at what's coming with Rusty and Sean.